Professional Budgeting & Forecasting
Do you struggle to develop an accurate budget for your business? Despite your best efforts, does something always force you to scramble to meet your financial responsibilities? Ken McKinney, CPA and trusted advisor in the Florissant and greater St. Louis area, can help you build thorough estimates for budgeting and financial forecast planning, providing a less stressful, more enjoyable, profitable fiscal year.
It is more common than not for businesses to budget and forecast their finances casually, year after year, providing little or no accuracy, ultimately effecting profitability. In order to inspire growth and create a plan for estimating profits, these two activities are necessary or you’re flying without radar. Ken’s 30+ years of varied finance and accounting history means he has broad experience and a wealth of information for best business practices and how to avoid the pitfalls. His personal attention and expertise can give you better control of your business budgeting and forecasting.
- Budgeting is an estimate of projected revenue that you want your business to achieve in the near and/or distant future.
- It is a financial plan of revenue, expenses, and cash flow, based on the objectives of your strategic plan and financial goals.
- Includes cash needs and credit needs budgets.
- Budgets help you navigate through changing market conditions and unforeseen events.
- Budgets should be used to help make business decisions.
- Comparing and analyzing your budget versus actual results keeps you on track with your financial goals.
- You can see by the budget versus actual variance numbers where your spending may need to be adjusted.
Ken will help you define and create a straightforward, well-planned budget that has validity and will guide you through your fiscal year. Having an accurate budget means fewer surprises along the way and at year’s end.
- Financial forecasting is an estimate of the amount of revenue and expenses that will be achieved.
- Forecasting combines actual data and current expected revenue and expense to let you see what is projected to be achieved.
- Provides an indication of projected business finances to help with decision making.
- Allows you as the business owner to anticipate profits and losses, use the data to estimate your income tax liability, take immediate financial actions, and support your position when applying for financing or expansion.
- When there is a change in operations, inventory and the strategic business plan, financial forecasts are updated.
If your budgeting and forecasting are off the mark or you need a fresh perspective, Ken will walk you through the process and get you on a defined path for optimum growth. His reputation and success as a trusted, highly skilled, detail-oriented, congenial finance professional will offer peace of mind. Not only will your company’s budgeting and forecasting be more accurate, he can assist with your strategic plan as well. Budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning go hand-in-hand for optimal business profitability and growth.